I, not being very deep, talked about soap.
Okay, so it wasn't exactly like that but we did get in some soap talk. Much to my astonishment, Caroline actually reads my blog. She told me that she loves peppermint. It is her absolute FAVORITE. So, now that I am home, I did a little research on the aromatherpy uses of peppermint. Some of what I found is below. I found it here.
Therapeutic properties of peppermint: Anti-inflammatory; relieves pain, muscle spasms, and cramping; relaxes the nerves; kills viral infections; decreases gas and indigestion; clears lung congestion; reduces fever
Uses for peppermint: Peppermint helps the digestion of heavy foods and relieves flatulence and intestinal cramping, actually relaxing the digestive muscles so they operate more efficiently. A massage over the abdomen with an oil containing peppermint can greatly aid intestinal spasms, indigestion, nausea, and irritable bowel syndrome.
I bought Caroline a bar of peppermint soap from Nourish. I put it in her shower and even had the chance to use it myself before leaving. It was cool, refreshing and tingly. I must say, my best friend has good taste in scent.
So, I put together a top 10 list of desirable handmade peppermint soaps just for Caroline. Here they are, for your perusal and hers.
(In NO Particular Order)
1. Cacao de Menthe by RoseandRoot. This vegan soap has a healthy dose of peppermint oil but also some cocoa to make it brown and smell a bit of chocolate.
2. Peppermint Denture Soap by LoveLeeSoaps is soap that smells like peppermint and looks like dentures. So Caroline!
3. After the Workout Soap by SoapyBlessings is perfect for Caroline because she has to work out often these days and I know there are aching muscles involved. According to the description, the peppermint oil and eucalpytus help both joints and muscles. Awesome.
4. I'm really into the idea of Beer Soap Rosemary Mint
Made by Juicy Bath, this soap contains beer and peppermint, two of Caroline's favorite things. Plus, it says it is enjoyed by both men and women. ::cough::
5. Intentions makes a soap that looks so much like a cancy cane, I can almost taste the mint on my tongue. Appropriately named Candy Cane Ribbons, it reminds me of the many Christmases I drove to Caroline's to chat and get her amazing gifts. Caroline is the best gift giver on Earth.
6. This next one reminds me of this past weekend and eating peppermint bark from River Street Sweets. On Saturday, Caroline and I loaded up with the stuff and ate and ate. Gosh it was yummy. And this soap from Etsian Aniselle is just what I need to keep around to remind me of that day.
10. Last but not least, Vanilla and Peppermint Kisses Soap in the shape of feet make this list complete. Thanks to Jay Jay's General Store for making the perfect Peppermint Soap.
I cannot, for the life of me, dear reader, imagine that you have a best friend more wonderful than mine. But if you have one who comes even close, I highly recommend spending 3 or 4 days with that person. You'll be shocked at how much things stay the same even when they change.
So, this soap's for you Caroline. I hope you enjoy the peppermint soap I left in your shower ;)