Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Sweet, Sweet Smell of...well, Gardenias


Gardenias are the greatest flowers. Of the sadly few things I miss about living in the South one of the things I miss most is the smell of blooming gardenias in the Spring. So I try to find something that sort of fakes the smell.

And gardenia scents when faked can be obnoxiously cloying. I put one on the other day and it gave me a ridiculous headache.

So this morning I needed a major pick-me-up so I grabbed some gardenia scented soap. And it got me to thinking that maybe I will try several and pick my favorite. Kind of a gardenia soap-off.


But since I have been ordering soap like a mad fiend lately, it might take some time. Plus, my sinuses are still making me crazy. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I think that's a grand idea. Gardenia soap happiness. Maybe you could just keep it to a weekend and take a whole lot of baths if you think it will be too hard to hold off on your others.

    ReplyDelete