Friday, January 6, 2012

The First Shower at the Fella's Place

It's interesting.  The first time you take a shower in someone's place has weight if you intend to do it often.  Last night, I found myself packing a bag of toiletries to take over.  I'll concentrate on the decisions as nobody wants me to yammer on about love.

So, the question is "what bath products are appropriate to take to your signficant other's apartment when you are trying to take up as little space as possible?"  Or...how to get clean without toting 12 products.

I turned to my old stand by Lush for inspiration as I have a literal train case of Lush products.  For soap, I decided to pick the classic Alkmaar as it always makes me feel very soft and sexy.  Truthfully, my skin is suffering this winter from being bare legged in the cold and probably a bit from the nutritional changes due to surgery.  The greatest thing about Alkmaar, other than the fact that it smells like jasmine, is that it goes delightfully with two of my other favorite products Silky Underwear Dusting Powder and Potion.  I can't link to Potion as it appears to have gone the way of the Dodo, so take my word for it.  It's a jasmine extravaganza that makes me feel clean, dry in all the right places and moisturized in all the right places. 

I suppose all I am missing is Lovely Jubblies.  Has anyone tried this?  Do I need super special cream for my breasts.  Will it make them bigger?  I'm kidding on the last bit...mostly.  I would, however, be interested in someone's review of the product if you use it.

So the big question is regarding hair products.  Shampoo bottles are cumbersome and those tiny hotel room bottles aren't cost effective.  Luckily, one of Lush's last great remaining products is the solid shampoo bar.  I'm typically into Godiva because it smells like jasmine (sensing a theme here?) but today I broke out the Karma Komba.  It works beautifully.  I don't know how that much lather comes from solid shampoo and, in spite of the SLS in the shampoo bar, I like it.  I think I'll go easy lest the suflates turn my red hair pink but I did enjoy the time I spent with the Lush today.

It was a good shower and relatively groundbreaking for me.  But what are some good, compact ways to pack an overnight toiletry bag?  Does anyone have fave products that travel easily, are handmade and make you smell like something incredible? 

Or does anyone have a favorite jasmine soap they'd like to share?

Happy Friday, ya'll.

4 comments:

  1. The shampoo bar is a fabulous thing. I would be lost w/o my Lime Eucalyptus from Sweet Creek Herbs on Etsy - I buy it in bulk. Then there is my charcoal facial soap from Angie's Suds 'N' Such, also on Etsy. Last but not least are my handmade soaps for the rest of my body from either Etsy, Nourish or the local soapmaker we found at our farmer's market.

    Thanks to what you taught me about slicing my bars into smaller pieces, I found an easy way to travel with them all. I took a plastic travel soap bar container, added a mini plastic soap holder (you know, the kind with the nubbins that let air circulate) and then added wax paper. I put one soap on the right & one on the left, then place a piece of wax paper the size of the soap dish over them and set the third soap on top of the wax paper between the other two. They don't touch and all three stay dry as long as you leave the lid off for about 30 minutes after your shower. If I'll be gone long enough to use more, I pack a few extra slices in a Ziploc bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention that you have created a monster by introducing me to all-natural, hand-made soap products?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin you are tooooo sweetttt!!!!! I love your blog:)And thank you very much for your wonderful review. It's people like you that keep me working as hard as I do:)By the way I saw you like Vampire stuff.. well I have NEW vampire teeth soap:)
    xo,
    Pink Dotted Owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally just snapped up those vampire teeth soaps. Mine Mine Mine. Between Heather and I, yours may be the new It store!

    ReplyDelete